Application for Membership
Follow the steps below to complete the application process. You will find all resources necessary listed below the application process steps.
- Read the qualifications for Active, Associate or Student membership. Student membership in the association shall be available to those students who are currently enrolled in a degree program for mineral, petroleum, or energy land management at an AAPL recognized college or university.
- Complete and submit the online application which can be located at the bottom of this list.
- Pay your dues online or mail them in to the HAPL office.
- The online application form will ask you to provide the member numbers of two sponsors who are Active HAPL members. See the HAPL By Laws for the definition of an Active HAPL member. You will need to contact your sponsors and request their member numbers in order to fill out the application form. If you are a CPL or RPL in good standing with the AAPL you will be exempt from this requirement. Your sponsors will receive an email asking them to complete an online sponsor form. If you need assistance with any of this or need help finding sponsors, please contact the HAPL Office at (713) 622-6868.
NOTE: Applicants who hold either CPL or RPL designation and are in good standing with AAPL do not need sponsors.
- We will be able to process your application when we've received:
- Your Online Application
- Completed Sponsor Forms
- Dues Payment
You will be notified by e-mail when your application is approved for membership.
Upon approval, return to the HAPL website and follow the initial logon instructions. Once you've logged on, you can access the membership directory and other features of the HAPL website.
Qualifications for Membership
Online Membership Application