Date: Saturday, June 11, 2022
Time: 5:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. - No Check-In Required
Cost: $75.00 per person for H.A.P.L. Members; $125.00 for Non- H.A.P.L. Members; $75.00 per person if 18 years and younger (HAPL Member or not) – 4 Drinks, Burger and Fries included with your Entry Fee (starting around 1:00 p.m.)
Prizes: Cash Prizes for Heaviest Trout, Heaviest Slot Redfish, Heaviest Tagged Bull Redfish and Big Fish; plus Door Prizes
Questions: Call Chris Shannon at 713-443-2516
Place: West End Marina in the Sea Isle Subdivision, Galveston, Texas.
Rules and Regulations:
- All local, state and federal, coast guard and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department regulations and laws apply at all times during the tournament.
- Professional fishing guide(s), commercial and professional fishermen and anyone who has guided for compensation during the last twelve (12) months are not eligible to compete in the tournament. You may hire a guide, but the guide’s catch is not allowed and there is no swapping or trading of fish between contestants and/or guide.
- The tournament format shall be as follows:
- Only speckled trout, redfish and “Big Fish” (defined below) will be accepted for weigh-in. The format includes a “Trout Category” (only 1 legal speckled trout per entrant), a “Bull Redfish” Category (which is one bull red which must be ‘tagged’), a “Slot Redfish” Category (only 1 legal slot redfish between 20” - 28” per entrant), and a “Big Fish” Category, which can be any legal fish, except speckled trout or redfish.
- Tournament fishing hours are from 5:00 a.m. (no check-in required) to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 11, 2022. Legal Fish may be weighed-in on Saturday until 3:00 p.m. No weigh-ins will be accepted after 3:00 p.m. (unless you are in the weigh-in line at 3 p.m.). Each contestant may weigh-in 1 Speckled Trout, 1 Slot Redfish, 1 Bull Redfish (tag must be properly attached) and 1 "Big Fish" caught during the tournament. In the event of a tie, the earliest weighed-in wins, so make sure you have the weighmaster indicate weigh-in time. Guides may be hired but the guide’s catch is not allowed. There is no trading or swapping of fish by any Entrant. Weigh-in is at the Sea Isle Bait Camp at the Marina in Sea Isle. The cash purse shall be split equally between the four categories, (being the Trout category, the Slot Redfish category, the Bull Redfish category and Big Fish category), and will be divided as follows for each category:
TROUT SLOT REDFISH BULL REDFISH BIG FISH
1st - 50% 1st - 50% 1st - 50% 1st - 50%
2nd - 30% 2nd - 30% 2nd - 30% 2nd - 30%
3rd - 20% 3rd - 20% 3rd - 20% 3rd - 20%
- In order to participate in the tournament, each contestant must electronically sign and accept the RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT on the HAPL website when registering online, or fill out, sign and return the RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT if registering by mail. In the event you are registering a person under the legal age of majority, a parent or legal guardian must sign the release and indemnity agreement on behalf of the registrant.
- The official weigh-in station is at Sea Isle Bait Camp at the West End Marina in the Sea Isle Subdivision. Tournament Officials have the final say as to compliance/weigh-ins/winners without recourse. Failure to follow the rules results in disqualification. In the event a Category is not “fully placed” (i.e.-for instance only two fish are weighed in for that Category), the monies as to that Category will be split equally between the existing winners in that Category.
- All contestants assume any and all risks to their safety throughout the tournament. This Tournament benefits the HAPL to help support the HAPL. Consequently, NO REFUNDS, unless Tournament is cancelled. In the event of refund due to cancellation, a refund fee of no more than 6% may be assessed. Should a hurricane occur, the tournament date will be moved.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FOR THE HAPL SALTWATER FISHING TOURNAMENT
THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY RELEASES, HOLDS HARMLESS AND FOREVER DISCHARGES THE HAPL SALTWATER FISHING TOURNAMENT (“TOURNAMENT”), ITS OFFICIALS, HOSTS OR ANY OTHER PERSON, ASSOCIATION, FIRM OR CORPORATION ASSOCIATED THEREWITH IN ANY WAY OR MANNER FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION OR INJURIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH AND/OR DISMEMBERMENT, OF WHATEVER KIND OR CHARACTER ARISING FROM, ASSOCIATED WITH OR CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT, REGARDLESS OF ACTIONS OF GROSS NEGLIGENCE, CONTRIBUTORY NEGLIGENCE, JOINT NEGLIGENCE OR CONCURRENT NEGLIGENCE BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TOURNAMENT. ENTRANT STIPULATES, ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT NO LEGAL ACTION OR SUIT MAY BE BROUGHT AGAINST THE TOURNAMENT OR ANY PARTY ASSOCIATED THEREWITH FOR ANY REASON.
Fishing Tournament Sponsors: