Land Analyst 1
Please apply at www.wpxenergy.com/careers/
Job #: LANDD01347
Land Analyst I
- Performs a variety of tasks – record set-up, builds files, processes straightforward changes for ownership and status changes proficient scanning electronic well file (“EWF”) entry, basic knowledge of division order/lease records documents.
- Responsible for owner relations, including evaluating and processing transfer orders and division orders, locating missing owners and making escheat recommendations.
- Serves as a member of cross-functional team working with various internal customers to research and compile data analytics, data mining and technical solutions for Land Data Management team using independent thought and analysis.
- Leverages professional experience and/or field internship and educational experiences to analyze and identify recommendations to address standard request for issues.
- Completes special projects with supervisor’s guidance and direction, including but not limited to management reports, title research and curative, lease provision analysis, interest calculations and due diligence.
- Works with Land to support its needs for research and analysis of owners and wells.
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems; applies limited judgement and discretion with limited coordination with outside departments.
- May perform some administrative duties that include data entry.
- High School diploma with 0-2 year’s work experience
- Preferred a minimum of 1 year of experience working in oil and gas industry
- Must be able to work in the United States indefinitely
- Preferred – Some experience with Land contracts and/or division orders along with an understanding of the Land function as well as familiar with lease records
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Must be a motivated self-starter, action oriented, seeks out challenges, seizes opportunities and has a strong work ethic as well as a strong desire to learn.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to gain trust and work well with others.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills – communicates information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Must have experience working in Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Provides experience handling and organizing computer files.
Will hire at level commensurate with experience.
WPX Does not sponsor employment Visas.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES WPX Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, WPX Energy will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, WPX Energy explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of WPX Energy.
Talent Acquisition Team
(539) 573.0191 – Office