Land Data Technician Staff - Williston
Please apply at www.wpxenergy.com/careers/
Job #: LANDD01332
Land Data Technician Staff – Williston
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Preferred BS, EM or PLM with 6+ years of land data technician work related experience.
- With minimal guidance, oversees all phases of moderately complex/complex land work and responsible for a wide range of activities with limited supervision, assists and works closely with the Williston landmen.
- Performs a variety of analytical and maintenance tasks involving a high volume of wells, leases and contracts associated with an active operated drilling program:
- Ability to interpret, set-up, evaluate titles to determine ownership and/or division of interest;
- Tracking and monitoring contractual obligations;
- Cross referencing assets and obtaining title curative;
- Will train and/or proof other Land technicians work;
- Reporting, audit control, proofing and special projects.
- Prepares complex and custom contracts, agreements, offer letters, correspondence and various land documents to be sent out to surface owners, working interest owners, royalty interest owners, and industry partners.
- Provides analysis of land contracts and leases and calculate working and net revenue interests.
- Advanced knowledge of Land Asset functions, records, processes and systems as well as oil and gas leasehold and mineral title; able to chain moderately to complex title.
- Analyzes and interprets titles and verifies calculation of acreage acquired for entry into land system.
- Analyzes expiration reports, obligation reports and any special reports.
- Assists Land Data Management team to confirm and update acreage in the lease records system.
- Independently researches leases, contracts, and regulatory orders to collaborate with appropriate internal and external resources to develop timely and complete responses to internal/external customer inquiries.
- Makes decisions and determines an appropriate course of action by interpretation and analysis of facts combined with some judgment.
- Coordinates data retrieval and collection while working with other teams/departments as required.
- Examines invoices and codes to appropriate AFE, tracks and reports costs associated with Land AFE’s and circulate for approvals.
- Ability to extract lease and/or land well data from system for presentation in spreadsheet or mapped format.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant federal and state statutes and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge with Oracle, Excalibur, Quorum, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro; Advanced Excel Lookup & Reference formulas and use of Pivot Tables for reporting and analysis.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Industry professional membership preferred in related field – CPLTA, Desk and Derrick Club.
- Able to independently research and collaborate with appropriate internal and external resources to develop timely and complete responses to inquiries.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively; strong time management skills along with ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Proficient to use ArcMap &/or Geocortex for geospatial research.
- Ability to work well with others and creating positive peer relationships.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Good verbal & written skills – communicates info, asks questions & checks for understanding.
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn.
Will hire at level commensurate with experience.
WPX Does not sponsor employment Visas
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES WPX Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, WPX Energy will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, WPX Energy explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of WPX Energy.
Talent Acquisition Team
(539) 573.0191 – Office